User manual: 3D Organon Anatomy for Windows 10 and Apple macOS computers
User manual: 3D Organon VR Anatomy for PC-powered VR headsets
User manual: 3D Organon VR Anatomy for Standalone VR headsets (Oculus Quest)
What are the main features of the new 3D Organon 2021 release?
The 2021 release features over 10,000 anatomical structures organized in 15 body systems, over 550 detailed animations of body actions of muscles and organs, four different environments (in VR), 15 microscopic anatomy models, cadaveric images, Mixed Reality (MR) and Augmented Reality (AR) modes, bone landmarks/mapping, slicing tools, pathology demonstration tools, 360o video recording, X-ray mode, 3D painting and many more.
What are the key differences between the Standard and Premium versions of the VR Anatomy software?
The Premium version includes the interactive quiz mode, cadaveric images and the possibility to create a virtual room for remote delivery sessions (multi-user and cross-platform support).
Do you offer student / seat licenses?
We offer bundles of seat licenses for students exclusively in universities and institutions. Additionally, students have the option to subscribe individually and gain access to their desktop computers, standalone VR, tablet, and smartphone devices.
Do you have a remote delivery/distance learning option?
With educational institutions globally adapting to multimodal learning you can stage online virtual classrooms with 3D Organon. 3D Organon facilitates accelerated learning and teaching in medical sciences and anatomy across desktop, mobile, and virtual reality devices.
Interstate and overseas students are enabled to experience the tangible benefits of immersive 3D technologies via online virtual classrooms where anatomy is demonstrated live and students are able to explore with cross-platform device support. Out of the classroom setting, students can access the whole database of 3D models, images, animations, and definitions on their own devices for self-directed study from home.
Which devices is 3D Organon available for?
3D Organon apps are available in multiple platforms and devices, including desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone and pc-powered and standalone Virtual Reality (VR) headsets.
3D Organon apps are supported on Windows 10, Apple macOS, Apple iOS and Android operating systems. They are available for HTC Vive, HTC Vive Pro/ Pro Eye, HTC Vive Cosmos, HTC Vive Focus, HTC Vive Focus Plus, Oculus Rift, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 1 & 2, and Microsoft Mixed Reality headsets (HP, Acer, Samsung HMD Odyssey, Asus, Dell Visor and Lenovo Explorer).
One can choose between walking and standing / seated VR experience in a single environment depending on their free space requirements and preferred use case scenario.
Mixed Reality mode (VR+AR) is available for HTC Vive Pro and HTC Vive Cosmos VR headsets.
Users can apply a combination of headsets and experiences in a lab, tutorial room, medical practice and lecture theater.
I am experiencing a technical issue with the installation of 3D Organon
Have you followed the installation instructions in the User Manual relevant to your product located at the Knowledge Base section of 3D Organon webpage?
If you still have issues feel free to get in touch with us. Please contact our Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I purchase the VR software solutions and what is the cost?
Where can I download 3D Organon for VR and non-VR devices?
To install 3D Organon, please select an online store suitable for your device.
PC-powered VR headsets:
Standalone VR headsets:
- Oculus Quest 1 & 2 – SideQuest store, extra help how to set up
- HTC Vive Focus / Focus Plus download here
Tablet and mobile devices:
Do you offer long-term subscriptions for institutions?
Yes, we do. On top of the standard 12-month subscription we offer 24, 36 and 60-month discount subscriptions. Please contact us here for more details.
Is it possible to use one 3D Organon license on more than one device at the same time?
Every 3D Organon license is allocated to one workstation / device. In case of a device upgrade you can revoke the license key for it here to be used on another device.
Is 3D Organon available in other languages?
3D Organon proudly serves the global market. Its extensive knowledge-base of anatomical definitions is available in 15 languages: English, traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, Latin (terminology), German, Italian, Spanish, Georgian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, French, Thai, and Greek (UI).
Are your applications available for Virtual Reality only?
3D Organon applications are made available for other platforms, too. While the 3D Organon VR Anatomy app is available for virtual reality devices, other anatomy applications are accessible via mobile, desktop and tablet devices.
Which Windows Mixed Reality devices do you support?
We support HP, Acer, Samsung HMD Odyssey, Asus, Dell Visor and Lenovo Explorer Windows Mixed Reality headsets between others. Check the first page of our website for more information.
What are the key differences between PC-powered and Standalone VR devices?
PC-powered VR headsets are those which require connection to a computer graphics card. We support the following PC-powered experience VR headsets: HTC Vive, HTC Vive Pro/ Pro Eye, HTC Vive Cosmos, Microsoft Mixed Reality (HP, Acer, Samsung HMD Odyssey, Asus, Dell Visor and Lenovo Explorer) and the Oculus Rift and Rift S.
Standalone VR headsets are those which don’t need to be connected to a computer, they are also called wireless or untethered. At present, we support Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Focus, and HTC Vive Focus Plus headsets. The standalone VR headsets have a weaker GPU (graphics processing unit) than the PC-powered headsets, but the experience is still very good and free of any cables.
I downloaded 3D Organon from an online store and I can’t see the muscle action animations
The Guest access in 3D Organon is free to everyone and does not require an account to use it. You get both the actions and joints of the skeletal system as a bonus. The paid solutions provide a complete database of muscle actions and organs.
I don’t have much floor space for the VR walking experience. What other options do you have?
The 3D Organon VR Anatomy integrates walking and standing / seated VR experiences in a single environment. You can fully control the 3D model in terms of rotation across any axis, panning, size scaling from your VR controller buttons to suit your current conditions and requirements.
Is the remote delivery session functionality also a cross-platform solution?
Yes, it is! The multi-user and cross-platform functionality is enabled in all versions of 3D Organon from 2019.0.0 onwards. A virtual session can be accessed from different platforms, such as pc-powered VR and Standalone VR devices, laptop/desktop computers, tablets or smartphones.
How many users can be connected in a virtual room for remote delivery anatomy sessions?
Every 2021 edition license allows up to 10 users + educator to be connected in a virtual room. If you need access for more than 10 users in a virtual room, please contact us for a license upgrade. There are options for up to 100 users per room.
What licenses do students need in order to connect to a virtual room?
The multi-user and cross-platform functionality is enabled in all versions of 3D Organon from 2019.0.0 onwards. A single 3D Organon 2021 edition license is enough to create a virtual room for remote delivery anatomy sessions. Students can join a virtual session with the ‘Login as Guest’ option of the 2021 edition, at no cost.
An unlicensed 3D Organon 2021 installation has limited access to individual components and body systems of 3D Organon. The Personal edition can only be installed on personal devices and does not support remote delivery sessions.
Where can I find all recorded videos of 3D Organon?
In Windows 10 operating system, the screen captures files are located in the ‘3D Organon‘ folder in your Documents system folder.
What are the most common 3D Organon use case scenarios?
The wide range of supported platforms in 3D Organon allows you to use the most appropriate use case scenario based on your resources and requirements. They span from self-directed learning to small-group learning, amphitheater sessions, and patient education. It is super easy to implement your use case based on your curriculum and course requirements.
Get inspired by the most common use case scenarios.
- Students using 3D Organon for individual self-directed study (with the ability to mirror view on a 2nd screen or wall projector). Supported devices and operating systems: PC-powered VR headset (HTC VIVE, Oculus Rift S, Microsoft Mixed Reality), Standalone VR headset (Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Focus Plus) or Windows/Apple Mac laptop/desktop, Apple and Android mobile and tablet devices.
- Student- or Educator-led small group teaching. A laptop, mobile, or tablet are fit for purpose. Augmented Reality mode could be used to superimpose anatomy in a real environment with the mobile and tablet app. Models could be superimposed to human subjects as well.
- Educator-led large group session/lecture. In this case, we recommend the educator to use the PC-powered VR or Desktop version of 3D Organon.
- Multi-user cross-platform session. There are multiple ways you can stream a virtual classroom. For example, an educator may use the VR or Desktop or Tablet version of 3D Organon to run an online session with students being able to join from institutional or their devices.
- Online virtual classes with interstate and overseas students participating remotely. The anatomy session is live, and students partake via voice and text chat. Away from the virtual classroom, students can access the whole database of 3D models, cadaveric images, animations, interactive quizzes, and definitions on their own devices for self-directed study and formative assessment from home.
- Library designated VR workstations. It enables students to quickly access immersive anatomy education.
- Patient education – 3D Organon is empowering patient-centered medicine by helping doctors visually explain the appearance, position, and relationships of body structures to patients. It bridges the knowledge gap between patients and doctors and helps patients make informed decisions.
- Operating theater – Revision and guidance of anatomy before and during surgery.
- Cadaveric dissection – 3D Organon models to be used to compare with cadaveric anatomy. This gives students a primer on the anatomical planes of dissection and the structures. With the Mixed Reality mode, you can compare 3D models with cadaveric specimens while having your hands free for dissection.
- Clinical skills – Revision of anatomy before and during physical examination workshops.
You can implement a combination of the above scenarios according to your requirements. Our versatile solutions can scale up based on your available floor space, budget and the number of students per class.
Is it possible to mirror the Oculus Quest 1 & 2, HTC Focus, HTC Focus Plus on a big screen while running 3D Organon?
You can easily cast your VR view wirelessly on a large screen or projector. Please, have a look at the following links:
Oculus Quest 1 & 2:
Do you offer any formative assessment module in 3D Organon?
Yes, there are hundreds of interactive, USMLE style cases / formative assessment questions included in the Premium version of 3D Organon.
How can I start a Quiz?
Click on the ‘Quiz’ icon on the left side panel. Select the body system(s), the total number of questions, time allocation, and press the ‘START QUIZ’ button. At least one body system needs to be selected to unlock other options.
- Each question comprises a stem, lead-in, and 4-5 distractors.
- The distractors can be switched off in the ‘Create a Quiz’ menu to increase difficulty by clicking on the ‘Show answer options’ button. Users are to view distractor options only for reference.
- To select the potential correct answer, you need to perform an interactive exploration, select a structure on the model and press the ‘APPLY ANSWER’ button. Then by clicking ‘NEXT’ the next question appears.
- There are questions where further exploration and virtual dissection is required. Click on the ‘Hide’ button (as many times as needed) to expose deeper anatomical structures for selection.
- When ready to exit the Quiz, just click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
For more information please visit the 3D Organon Anatomy for Desktop | User Manual here.
Where can I download 3D Organon for Oculus Quest 1 & 2?
Where can I purchase the 3D Organon app for my Oculus Quest 1 & 2 headset?
For Standalone VR, we currently offer two versions, the Standard and Premium version. It is completely the same software with the only difference being that the Standard version doesn’t include the interactive quiz mode, cadaveric images and the possibility to create a virtual room (multi-user and cross-platform support).
How can I use my Oculus Quest 2 controllers to rotate, pan and scale a model?
The Left Controller serves as a rotation tool across the vertical and horizontal axis and the Right Controller serves as a tool to pan and scale the model.
To execute any of these movements you need to move the thumbstick of the controller to the left, right, up or down and then press it.
I have purchased 3D Organon VR Anatomy for my Oculus Quest 2. How can I install it to my headset?
- Download & Setup SideQuest. Please use this link to find 5 easy steps to download and setup SideQuest plus a great video explaining the process https://sidequestvr.com/setup-howto
- 3D Organon Installation. To install our app from SideQuest to your headset just click on this link: https://sidequestvr.com/#/app/393
- How to launch our app. Please note that in order for you to find our app you will need to go to Apps then to All Apps and then on the right-hand side, scroll down to Unknown Sources (please click here to see a video explaining this step).
If you have any questions or you need assistance with the installation, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team at email@example.com.
I have installed and launched 3D Organon. How can I log in?
Once you download and install 3D Organon, launch the app and log in with your credentials:
- Username: your email
- Password: created during the activation of your 3D Organon’s account; if you forgot your password, you can reset it here
- License key: sent to your email for a selected device (use the last 10 characters or the whole key)
If you have any questions or you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I purchased one Premium subscription, would all students have to have a Premium license to join the virtual room?
Students can join the virtual room for remotely delivery anatomy from any type of device and from anywhere in the world. They can download the free version from a suitable online store (depending on the type of the device they are using) and then they will log in as a Guest. In the ‘Guest’ mode you can join the virtual room and you have access to the skeletal and connective tissues system only.
Please note that every Premium license includes a multi-user and cross platform support for up to 10 users plus educator in the virtual room. This support can be upgraded to up to 30, 50 or 100 users. The price of the upgrade goes on top of the price of the Premium license.
I have the 2020 Edition installed on my Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. Can I update to the 2021 Edition of 3D Organon?
As a customer of 3D Organon you are eligible for all the updates to new Editions during the subscription period.
To get the latest update to the Edition 2021, please connect your VR device to the PC, go to SideQuest (click here) and pull from the latest files of 3D Organon VR Anatomy.
How can I get the 3D Organon VR Anatomy software solution for my Oculus Rift and Rift S headset?
You can get 3D Organon Anatomy directly from the Oculus store but it is an older deprecated edition designed for the original Oculus Rift equipped with the Xbox controller.
To get the latest 2021 3D Organon VR Anatomy software solution which includes new 3D models (reaching over 10,000 anatomical structures), new and more detailed skeleton and heart models, augmented reality (AR), 3D painting, bone mapping of anatomical landmarks, sectioning tool, pain effects, bony spurs, tumor growth and new languages just visit our store VR Anatomy
How can I take a Screenshot on Oculus Quest 2 without having to open the system menu?
To take a screenshot simply hold down the Oculus button on the right Touch controller and press either trigger. It is important that you keep the Oculus button held down, don’t release it until you are done.
You will hear the screenshot sound effect and see a floating notification letting you know it worked.
How can I Record or Cast a video to my phone or TV with my Oculus Quest 2 headset?
In your headset, bring up the Quest menu by pressing the Oculus button on your right controller. Find the Share section (three dots connected by lines icon). You can cast to your smartphone through the Oculus smartphone app. You can also cast to any compatible devices on your network like a TV with Chromecast.
How can I transfer Screenshots and Videos from Oculus Quest 2?
Recorded videos and captured photos are stored on the headset. First make sure your Quest 2 headset is not in Developer mode. You can do this by opening the mobile app you used to setup your Quest 2, clicking on the headset in the Settings menu, click More Settings, and then make sure the “Developer Mode” toggle is off.
Then all you have to do is plug your Oculus Quest 2 into your PC via a USB-C to USB cable and put it on quickly to accept the prompt asking for access.
To find your screenshots and videos open up your File Explorer on your PC and navigate to Oculus > Screenshots or Oculus > VideoShots.