Medis Media Pty Ltd, a company registered in Australia with Australian Company Number 607 148 069 and registered office address of Unit 2, No 23, Illawong Street, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland 4217 (together “Medis Media”, “us”, “we” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Medis Media is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Medis Media is bound by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (QLD), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
This Privacy & Cookie Statement (together with our applicable terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) and any additional terms incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions, together our “Applicable Terms”) applies to:
- your use of this application or website and any and all other websites or applications provided by, operated by or available for download from Medis Media (together the “Sites”); and
- any of the services accessible or available through the Sites (the “Services”), unless the Terms and Conditions states that a separate privacy statement applies to a particular Service, in which case that privacy statement only applies.
This Privacy & Cookie Statement sets out the basis on which we gather and use any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us by using the Sites or the Services. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We will use your personal data only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below which describes the steps we take to ensure our processing of your personal data is in compliance with the Information Privacy Act 2009, (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, Medis Media Pty Ltd of Unit 2, No 23, Illawong Street, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland 4217 is the data controller in respect of your personal data.
ACCEPTANCE OF THIS PRIVACY & COOKIE STATEMENT
By using any part of the Sites and/or accepting the Terms and Conditions, you signify acceptance of this Privacy & Cookie Statement and to our using and processing your personal data. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OR YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH ANY ASPECT OF THE PRIVACY & COOKIE STATEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITES OR SERVICES.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy & Cookie Statement at any time. Any changes to this Privacy & Cookie Statement will be posted on the Sites so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Your continued use of any portion of the Sites following notification or posting of such changes will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Sites and/or in relation to the Services, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat) or otherwise through your use of the Services. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Sites, download or register an application, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an application or Services or functions, make an in-application purchase, share data via the group account features and/or when you report a problem with the Sites or any of our Services.
The information you give us may include:
- Information relating to your identity (e.g. name, email address, physical address, username, demographic information, ZIP/postal code, password and other registration information);
- Information relating to your profession, your education, your title, your degree or certification, your affiliation with a professional organization or educational institution;
- Information relating to your method of payment (e.g. financial and credit card information);
- Information relating to the transaction in which you engage when you subscribe to our Services (number of transaction, details of your subscription);
- Information relating to the follow-up of the commercial relationship (your requests, the features of the Services you use, exchanges between you and us, ratings or reviews that have been posted online); and
- Information relating to comments, advices and content you may post on our Sites or in connection with the Services including via participating in our group account features.
Information we collect about you and your device
Each time you visit one of our, or use our, Sites or any of the Services we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), web browser software, IP address, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting; and
- details of your use of the Sites and Services or your visits to any other of our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience. To learn more about how we collect information through cookies and other tracking technologies, please refer to the Cookies and Other Web Technologies section below.
Information we obtain from third parties
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable personal identification within the Sites or for the provision of the Services, to register you as a member on the Sites or the Services, including to facilitate your access to and use of the Sites or Services;
- To provide you with general information on the Sites and to provide you with our Services;
- To respond to your requests for information, queries and other communication or correspondence you may submit to us;
- To ensure that content on the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- To provide you with information or Services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to enforce the terms of our Applicable Terms;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Sites and/or the Services, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to the Sites, the Services or policies;
- To communicate with you in general (including for example and without limitation, via email, telephone or SMS), including to provide information about the Sites and/or the Services (please see the Marketing Communications Section below); and
- To gather management information to form statistical, modeling and trend analysis with the aim of developing and improving products and services.
We may also use your personal data, to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Please see the Marketing Communications Section below.
We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our Group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, from time to time) and to our or their service providers, subcontractors, business partners and agents (collectively “Contractors”). Such Contractors may include, without limitation, third parties who carry out hosting, cloud services, maintenance or provide us with other services, such as market research studies, in relation to the Sites and the Services we provide to you.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties (including third parties who are not Contractors):
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If any member of our Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets (for example, in the form of a database of users of the Sites);
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order, or in order to enforce, establish, exercise or defend legal rights, the rights, property, or safety of you, us, our Group, or employees;
- For marketing purposes where we have your consent to do so in accordance with the Marketing Communication section below; or
- In order to enforce or apply the Applicable Terms and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches.
We may also provide non-personal data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our Sites. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our Sites, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our Sites, or the activities that visitors to our Sites engage in while on our Sites. The third parties to whom we may provide this non-personal data may include our website design, development, hosting contractors and cloud service providers.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia, for the purposes described above. It may also be processed by staff operating outside Australia who work for us or for one of our Group or our Contractors who act on our behalf. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your request for information, the provision of Services to you, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy & Cookie Statement and the Act.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION
The security and confidentiality of your personal data is extremely important to us. As no data and information transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and you transfer the personal data at your own risk. We endeavour to use and keep under review appropriate technical and organizational measures (including staff training and awareness) in order to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, including unauthorised destruction, alteration or disclosure or access. We shall only hold personal data for as long as is necessary or as required by law.
Certain Services include social networking, group chat features and functionality, forum features or other interactive features and consequently your use of these features will be accessible by other users of our Sites and Services. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data and data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectations of privacy with respect to your use of these features.
From time to time, we may wish with your consent, to contact you by email, SMS, post or phone with information about other products or services which may be of interest to you. These communications may be from us or other members of our Group or it may be from other organisations whose products or services we think may be of interest to you. We will only transfer your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes with your express opt-in consent to do so. You will be given the option through the user registration process or otherwise to consent to have your personal data used in this way. If you wish to stop the use of your personal data for those purposes at any time please contact us requesting to be removed from our mailing list (by contacting us using the contact details below) or click on the “unsubscribe” link in any email or SMS communications which we might send you.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Sites and/or the Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the Sites or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy statements or policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these statements policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
COOKIES AND OTHER WEB TECHNOLOGIES
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your device. Cookies help us to remember details of your visits to the Sites and/or the Services including, but not limited to, technical information (e.g. traffic data, location data, your IP address, the type of browser you use, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform) or other information about your visit (e.g. websites you access from the Sites and/or the Services, other resources that you access on the Sites and/or the Services, interaction information, information which you have viewed and the length of visits to certain pages).
Medis Media uses Google Analytics to gather statistics about how our web content is used, and statistics about our visitors such as their browsers and geographic location. No personally identifying information is collected.
The information collected includes:
- How visitors arrived at our pages (e.g. directly from a bookmark or typing in an address; from a search engine; linked from another page);
- Which pages are viewed and for how long, including the viewing time and date;
- The general geographical locations of visitors (as indicated by the network or internet service provider they use) and the speed of their internet connections;
- Technical information about the computers or devices used to browse pages, including the operating systems, browsers, plug-ins, screen types and default languages.
To opt out of analytics, you can download a browser add-on from Google. Alternatively, you can set your browser to refuse or delete cookies from Google Analytics. Check your browser’s help information to find out how.
OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
Our Sites and Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal data of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
RESPONDING TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Our Sites and Services do not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers.
You have a right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at Customer Services as set out in the “Contacting Us” section at the end of this Privacy & Cookie Statement.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data held by us about you. We may charge a fee for this which will not exceed $10.00 or such other amount otherwise permitted by law. You also have the right to access your personal data, have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you, the right to object to the use of your personal data and the right to block any specific uses of your personal data.
Your rights of access and modification may be exercised by contacting our Customer Services as set out in the “Contacting Us” section at the end of this Privacy & Cookie Statement.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you have provided to us is accurate and up-to-date.
If you have any questions about this statement or your personal data and/or if you wish to see what information we hold about you, please contact us at privacy@3Dorganon.com or write to us at Medis Media Pty Ltd, 2/23 Illawong St, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland 4217, Australia.
If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications or share your details, please contact us at:
Medis Media Pty Ltd, 2/23 Illawong St, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland 4217, Australia.